Month 5- Is this real? It feels as though I have known Ariel for my entire life, but I cannot believe how fast time is going and how big my baby girl is already. This month was slow in comparison to last, but full of memories and milestones nonetheless. I am grateful to report we had no health scares! Ariel was healthy and strong this month. What a relief!
We celebrated our first 4th of July as a family of three this month. Ariel got to spend the evening with her baby best friend and we got to have some fun bowling with our favorite family in Japan. We explored a popular location near us that we hadnever been to and got some tasty gelato! I put the spoon in front of Ariel, but she was not interested in trying the gelato whatsoever, but I am sure she will love it as much as I do someday soon. At the tail end of her 4 month adventure we embarked on yet another international trip. As I write this, we are in the U.S. spending time with family. There will be a blog post all about this trip up when we get back home. Traveling is becoming a norm for Ariel, and she is getting quite good at it.
Developmental milestones for this month:
- More babble! Still a very quiet baby, unless she is crying…
- Reaching for toys in front of her while on her tummy
- Successfully putting her own pacifier in her mouth
What she loves:
- Her Daddy! She is so smiley for him and loves when he comes home from work and wakes her up
- Baby-wearing. She is all about front-facing in the our Ergo Baby
- Biting- hands, fingers, toys, everything
- Sleeping at night, but not during the day. Naps are not her favorite to say the least…
- Baths and night-time lotion
I am still shocked that this is the last month that she is closer to birth than she is being a year old. I am so proud of her and all she has done so far. Watching her grow, learn and develop are my favorite things to do.